- Please apply early. At least one year of experience, preferably of Interior BC planting is preferable but not mandatory. We will consider highly motivated 1st year planters.
- First Aid is an asset but not mandatory
- A valid class four license is an asset but not mandatory
What we offer:
What You Need to Work for Us
What Are We Looking For?
- We are looking for a strong team of energized university students looking for a fun, safe and productive season
- The ideal planter for Quastuco will be a positive, safety minded, competitive, self-motivated individual capable of working in a pure production environment.
- Give us a try, we won’t let you down.
Our pricing objectives are set to match the wages of our local competitors. We pride ourselves in the ability to manage our projects in such a way that you can be more productive than our competition, as a result, making more money. The land that we plant is primarily site prepped; disc trenching and mounding at a minimum price of 15c/tree. The raw blocks are mandatory obstacle planting at a minimum of 18c/tree. Fill planting blocks go for a premium and are planted at a minimum of 22c/tree. Rates are premium for the region and your quality planting is recognized with the company. Vacation and holiday pay are paid on top of the per tree rate.
Our quality objectives vary from client to client; one thing in common is the need to achieve higher than 92.7% on all sites. For our Weyerhaeuser client we strive to achieve between 93 and 96% for our Gorman Bros client we strive to achieve 94-96%. For the past two seasons we have incurred zero quality fines and minimal excess charges.
Quastuco Silviculture Ltd. has one goal; to have everyone start the season and make as much money as they can and end the season healthier than when they arrived. We strive for zero lost time accidents every year. QSL maintains a close relationship with Total Physio to ensure that injured planters have minimal missed days and can keep working with modified/light duty tasks. As well, we know that food is held at a high priority when planting, so we provide a weekly crew meal on the company during the month of June. This allows you to relax and refuel during the toughest weeks of the season.